Tips for a pear body shape
Let’s define what a pear body shape is.
Pear body type: your hips and thighs have larger measurements considered to the rest of your body. You have a slim waist, which is the narrower part of your body. The upper part’s measurements are often one size smaller than the lower half of your body. Often the pear shape is also called A – shape.
The most important for a pear body shape is to balance the top half with the bottom half of your body by shaping your upper body and simmering your lower body! As a pear you can play around with different tops since you wish to emphasize your top half of your body. However, you need to keep as minimal as possible the bottom half of your body by wearing skirts, dresses and trousers that deemphasize your hips and thighs.
- Preferably wear trousers and skirts in dark colors so as to create an eye illusion and minimize the bottom half.
- You may wear any kind of top preferably in colors or prints so as to draw attention to your upper body. Enjoy wearing any kind of top in any fabric!
- Wear “V” shape tops so as to create shape to your bust area and to balance your shoulders which most often are quite small, drawing attention upward.
- Preferably wear trousers with vertical seams, straight lines or a boyfriend cut that will flatter your hips and thighs and create a slimmer and longer figure.
- “A” line skirts or dresses will show off your waist and will minimize your hips.
- Wear jackets or coats that define your nice slim waist and draw attention to your top half of your body. Choose jackets that end just under your hips and not at them since they will emphasize them.
- Tops that have shoulders’ cuts will add shape to your top half part of your body.
- You may wear jackets or coats in bold colors or in prints drawing attention to your top half.
- Wear trousers or skirts that are a bit stretch so as to fit well and to create thinner legs
- You may wear large pieces of jewellery, since you want to draw attention to your top half of your body.
- Avoid skirts or trousers in bright colors or with prints since they add shape.
- Do not wear trousers or skirts with side pockets that add shape to your hips.
- Stay away from strapless tops or dresses unless you exercise your top half so you have toned arms and shoulders.
- Do not wear cigarette trousers since your wider hips and thighs will be highlighted. Also go for trousers with longer hemlines since you wish to create the illusion of longer legs.
- Avoid skirts, dresses or trousers in horizontal lines and/or prints at your hips.
- Pencil skirts will highlight your hips and thighs, especially in bright or bold colors. Unless it is matched with a top that balance your figure appropriately.
- Avoid turtleneck tops since your slim top will be emphasized and will draw unnecessary attention to the bottom half of your body.
- Do not wear wide belts since it will draw attention to your hips and thighs that you are trying to deemphasize. Choose slim belts at all times.
- Stay away from capri trousers since they will shorter your leg and emphasizes will be drawn to your hips. Key is to create the illusion of as much as possible long and slim legs.