Tips for petite hourglass figure
Do you have a petite hourglass figure? Lucky you! Did you know that an hourglass figure is one of the most faminine ones?
Your figure has a balanced top and bottom. Moreover, you have a wider bust and thighs in contrast to your thin waist and your height is medium.
Here are some tips on how to get dressed in order to look fabulous:
- Wrap-around tops and dresses emphasize your thin waist.
- Thin weight fabrics and mat suiting give a slimmer line.
- Underwear that support bras is key as it lifts the bust
- Tops and dresses with a “V” are ideal as they draw the eye down to the décolletage and narrow the wide chest.
- Monochromatic fabrics give a well proportioned figure. When using colours should avoid them looking over the top.
- Fluted/draped sleeves will add shape to the shoulders as well as flatter arms; however you should stay away from bat-wing sleeves as they will create an excess bulk to your chest.
- Dress: as previously said you should choose dresses with “V”, with no prints or mid-sized prints (so as to avoid emphasizing the chest), preferably mini (so as to create a lengthening figure).
- Coat: preferably no pocket flaps on the hips at a length just above your knees, so as to emphasize your thin waist and create a longer figure.
- Skirt: preferably flat/straight or A shape made of smooth fabric, knee length or mini in order to show a slimmer and longer figure.
- Trousers: choose trousers in a drape fabric with a stretch top, the cuff to be at least a centimetre off the floor, since it makes your legs longer. Avoid side pockets and go for a flat front. Additionally, avoid hipster cut trousers, as they shorten your leg’s appearance.